- Slice veggies and crackers for serving.
- Drain and rinse black beans very well.
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil into your food processor using the "S" blade.
- Process until well mixed, then slowly incorporate the olive oil until the mixture is creamy.
- Serve right away or store in a container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
This spread is a good alternative to typical hummus. The addition of the carrots gives it a sweet note and the chia seeds give it a nice texture. I have used this spread as a dip on crackers and in an omelet.