- Heat 1 Tablespoon grass fed butter in a small skillet to medium high and add onion.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- In a large pot, melt remaining ¼ cup of butter (medium low temp) then add in flour.
- Whisk continuously for five minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add in milk, whisking continuously.
- Add in broth and reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes, whisking every few minutes.
- After about 10 minutes of simmering, add in the salt, pepper, butter powder and collagen peptides.
- Once base is creamy, add in the vegetables and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the cheese then serve once the cheese has all melted into the base (3-5 minutes).