- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ head of cabbage (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (any kind)
- 1 large can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- ½ to ¾ cup of julienne-cut sundried tomatoes (soaked and drained)
- Put all ingredients into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer and let cook for one hour.
- Serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.