-- CLS Logger #439198 08/10/2021 -->
-- END #439198 -->
- 16 oz. almond paste
- 2 cups sliced almonds slightly crushed
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 2 egg whites - beaten
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 8 oz. 70% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Break almond paste into pieces and place in food processor or stand mixer along with sugar and flour. Mix until crumbly.
- Add in beaten egg whites and almond extract and mix again.
- Form Tablespoon-sized cookie balls with your hand, then roll into crushed almonds, shape a 6-inch rope and then form a “u” shape.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool before dipping ends into melted chocolate (while cookies are cooling melt chocolate in a double broiler).
- Place chocolate-dipped cookies on parchment-lined cookie sheet and refrigerate to let chocolate set.
- Store cookies in refrigerator for 2 weeks or in freezer for up to 2 months.