* To make enough zest, orange juice and orange segments, have 3 large navel oranges on hand.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease (using coconut oil) and lightly flour loaf pan.
- Place first 7 ingredients into the food processor using the “s” blade and pulse until you get a texture that resembles finely grated cheese.
- Next, add the orange juice, zest, honey and egg and pulse again until the mixture is combined.
- Remove batter from food processor and place in a bowl so you can stir in the dried cranberries and chopped orange
- Spread batter into loaf pan and bake for 75 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and let cool at least 20 minutes before taking out of loaf pan.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices.
- Bread lasts 5 days refrigerated or one month in freezer.
To make a decadent French toast, cut 1 inch slices of Cranberry Orange Bread and dip each side into a mixture of 3 eggs, ¼ cup almond milk and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Place each piece in a hot skillet greased with coconut oil. Cook 2 minutes on each side. Top with maple syrup and sifted powdered sugar.