- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two 8-9” cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, non-dairy milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the gluten-free flour, cacao powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add the hot coffee and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and bake at 350˚F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Dye-Free Orange Frosting:
Recipe Courtesy of: Sirenna Patapis
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together vegan butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla and slowly pour in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Mix in drops of orange organic food dye until you reach the color you desire.
- Optional: Place 3/4 cup of coconut cream and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium-heat until it is just about to simmer. Pour the heated mixture over 12 oz of dairy-free dark chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then pour over cake allowing it to drip down the sides.