- 2 cups Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup roasted almonds roughly chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Soak dates in hot water for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove dates from water and place in a high speed blender with almond butter, vanilla and salt and blend to a paste.
- Spread paste into a parchment-lined brownie pan and freeze for an hour.
- Cut paste into squares and place back in freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Using a double broiler, melt chocolate with the cacao butter and coconut oil.
- Dip each piece of date/almond bite into chocolate and then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Store bites in freezer until ready to serve.