Here's a yummy, good-for-you snack that's perfect as an after-school or after-dinner bite.
Use Organic if possible
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes (plus 1 additional cup coconut flakes)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 8 Medjool dates (soaked in water for 20 minutes)
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Golden Flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon water (you can use the water that the dates were soaking in)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Remove dates from water after 20 minutes and make sure there are no pits in them.
- Break them in half and place them in a food processor with the remaining ingredients (except for the additional 1 cup of coconut flakes).
- Pulse until batter begins to stick together.
- Remove batter from food processor and refrigerate for about 15 minutes (this will make it easier to roll cookie balls).
- Roll tablespoon-sized cookie bites (“trail mix bites”) and then coat in coconut flakes and place back in refrigerator.
- Store bites in refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Option: Roll bites in cacao, cinnamon or dip in melted chocolate.