Organic Hummus Ingredients:
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ Tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Chia Seed
Organic Wrap Ingredients:
- 4 large collard green leaves
- sliced bell peppers and sprouts
- To make the hummus, add all ingredients except sun-dried tomatoes and chia seeds into food processor using the "S" blade and process until smooth.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes and process until well incorporated.
- Mix in chia seeds.
- Lay collard green leaves flat on the counter, stem side up. Press stem with the back of a spoon to soften and flatten it. (This will make the leaves easier to roll, or you can parboil them.)
- Spread a few Tablespoons of hummus on each leaf, add some sprouts, sliced avocado and sliced peppers, roll collard leave up like a burrito and cut in half. (Hummus lasts five days in the refrigerator.)
Collard green leaves are hardy yet mild. You can use them instead of tortilla wraps and they are far lower in calories and much higher in nutrients. The trick in using them as wraps is that you have to soften the hard stem in the middle. If you don't do that, the stem will poke through the leaf when you are trying to roll it.