- Running - 1 mile – 100 calories
- Jumping rope – moderate pace – 100 calories
- Stepping – 84 calories
- Cycling - 13 mph – 80 calories
- High-impact aerobics – 70 calories
- Running up stairs – 148 calories
- Power Walking – 80 calories
- Ice Skating – 80 calories
- Swimming, breaststroke – 98 calories
- Cross country skiing – 4.5 mph – 80 calories
The calories burned in this list are based on a 130 pound person performing the referenced activity for 10 minutes. Numbers will vary depending on your weight—and the duration of the activity. So why not add another five or 10 minutes? You do the math!
In order to avoid risk of injury, please seek advice directly from your physician, especially if you have existing medical issues, before beginning any exercise or nutritional program. Also, be sure to stretch after exercise to avoid muscle and joint tightness.