- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor using the “s” blade, process together the shredded coconut and the honey.
- Next, add in the egg whites, the peppermint extract, collagen peptides and salt.
- Process again until batter is well combined. On a parchment-lined cookie sheet, scoop tablespoon-sized balls and slightly press down (so the bottom of the macaroon is flat but the top is still rounded).
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, then let cool.
- While the macaroons are baking, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double broiler.
- Once you are ready, dip each macaroon bottom into the chocolate then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, drizzle some additional chocolate on top, then freeze for 10 minutes to set.
- Macaroons will last up to one month in freezer or 1 week in refrigerator.