- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 finely chopped garlic cloves
- ½ cup of chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups of chopped green beans
- 2 cups of chopped carrots
- 2 cups of chopped and peeled potato (red skin or Yukon)
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped kale (stem removed)
- 1- 28 oz. can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 - 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ tsp. of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
Garnish - Fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges
- Heat the coconut and olive oil in large stockpot over medium-low heat.
- Once hot, add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper, carrots, green beans, potatoes and ¼ cup of water and continue to cook for 4-to-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the veggie broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the tomatoes, kale, mushrooms, garbanzo beans, herbs and bay leaves.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the vegetables are fork tender, approximately 25-to-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 5 days or in freezer for up to 2 months.