- 1½ pounds of boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- sea salt
- 1½ cups beef or chicken broth
- ½ cup red wine or additional ½ cup of broth
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Turn crockpot on high and add in all ingredients, except the chuck roast.
- Generously salt the chuck roast on both sides.
- Place coconut oil in a skillet on stovetop and heat on high. Place chuck roast in skillet and let sear for two minutes on each side.
- Next, place the chuck roast in the crockpot, cover with lid and let cook for six hours. (Lasts five days refrigerated.)