Note from Gwen:
- Soak oat groats in a bowl of water for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Rinse off oat groats and place them into your food processor using the S blade.
- Add coconut oil and salt and process oat groats for about 30 seconds.
- Next, add remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is well mixed.
- Top with a few dashes of cinnamon and/or fresh berries.
You can find certified gluten free oat groats. Oats are naturally gluten free but are oftentimes packaged in factories that also package and process wheat. Due to cross contamination risks, oats are not typically labeled as "gluten free." Bob's Red Mill is a great brand for gluten-free products. They have a completely separate facility to process and package all of their gluten free grains. This recipe is a great raw "oatmeal" that is packed with healthy fats, carbs and protein.